Please consider submitting testimony on House Bill (HB 33) this week in the House Finance Subcommittee on Primary and Secondary Education. Information on the three hearings is as follows:
- Tuesday, March 21, at 10 a.m. in hearing room 114;
- Wednesday, March 22, at 10 a.m. in hearing room 116; and
- Thursday, March 23, at 12:30 p.m. in hearing room 116.
OASBO, BASA, and OSBA plan to testify on Wednesday, March 22.
If you missed it, members of the Fair School Funding Plan (FSFP) Workgroup did an excellent job testifying on the bill last Tuesday. You can find a copy of their testimony here. Ryan Jenkins, CFO of Olentangy Local Schools, also did an excellent job testifying in committee. His testimony can be found here.
Your voice matters! Sharing the story of your community and the impact funding has on your students makes all the difference. Even if you cannot make it to Columbus, please consider submitting written testimony.
Instructions and resources for testimony:
- All witness testimony should be submitted to the chairwoman's Office 24 hours prior to subcommittee. Anyone testifying must fill out and submit the Witness Information Form, found here. While testimony is not required to be submitted in a specific written format, the chairwoman's office requests that testimony be submitted in PDF format as an attachment to your email.
- Testimony template for use as a starting point can be found here.
- Please email testimony to HRFinanceSubPrimary&SecondaryEducationCommittee@ohiohouse.gov.
Legislator Lookup Resources:
Legislator Contact Information